Religious Grounds

Java for the journey.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

An actual conversation I had last night

Phone rings at home

Ring! Ring!

(Pastor): Hello?
(Caller): Hello, I've just purchased the Book of Concord, and I wanted to know, are the Ninety-Five Theses in there?
(P): No, the Book of Concord contains the Lutheran Confessions, and the Ninety-Five Theses are not part of the Lutheran Confessions. You could find them on the Internet or in Volume 31 of Luther's Works. Who is this, please?
(C): (gives name, which [P] is not familiar with)
(P): Well, there's lots of other good stuff in the Book of Concord.
(C): Yes, I'm enjoying it very much. O.K. Thank you!
(P): You're welcome, have a great night.
(C): You too, goodbye.
(P): Goodbye.

(Caller hangs up)

(P): ???????

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Very strange...

p.s. Glad to see you back blogging.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Clint Schnekloth said...

Does your parishioner know you've blogged this?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Maurice Frontz said...

Well, I don't think that this is a parishioner, I didn't recognize his name and I don't remember it now to look it up. But you're probably right - even though I don't advertise this blog to the congregation, it's easily accessible through the Blogger profile which is accessible by Decablogue. So you're right, obviously - I'll stick to issues and insights, not smart-aleck comments.

This reminds me of a post I'd like to write: "Venting and the Eight Commandment."

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home