Religious Grounds

Java for the journey.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Point of View For My Work as a Blogger

($1 to the estate of Soren Kierkegaard - if he has an estate - it seems unlikely)

I could have just reopened the late "Blog of Concord," but I thought of the name "Religious Grounds" and snapped it up on Blogger. I wanted a new name and a new start.

I would like this blog to be less confrontational and more speculative. This does not mean that I suddenly think dogma unimportant. Rather, I am less certain that a blog in which I am constantly complaining about the state of the world, the Church, etc., does any good. This is how I was starting to feel about Blog of Concord (also about certain publications to which I subscribe).

Perhaps the dichotomy I am looking for is "less political, more spiritual." One can either spend one's energy in talking about how no one has faith, or explore the riches of faith. Frankly, the former was becoming uninteresting.

Of course, I reserve the right to go confrontational at any time. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Lee said...

Oh hey, I know how ya feel. In 2004 and especially in the months during the run-up to the election, I was -- well, let's just say I'm rather embarrassed about my attitude, tone, etc. about how I talked about and to people on my blog. Ever since the beginning of last year I've been trying to focus on other, more imporant things, and have tried to be a lot more charitable. I'm probably not the best judge of whether or not I have been, but I think I made some significant changes. I support these kind of moves/changes all the way! :)

Peace,

Eric

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home